When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

The heart of the difference is not ability or even talent, but desire

The purpose of life is to discover and develop your gift. The meaning of life comes from sharing your gift with others. - David Viscott

Monday, May 04, 2015

Conversations on the table.

Some pearls of fun from today only. I love my job!

-          You had kids early
-          No, I had kids at the height of the reproductive age of a Soviet female

-          Seems that we are about same age. I am 55. You?
-          Your only excuse is that you’re in a dark room, face down on a massage table, stuffed and can’t breathe, so the oxygen to the brain is cut off. I still can hurt you though.

-          Ouch, why are my shoulders where the stress usually sits are not so bad today, but the gluts hurt?
-          I guess today’s stresses gave you a pain in the butt.

-          I had surgery on this shoulder, isn't my range of motion great?
-          It is great, for having a surgery. Actually, it is great for any sample of a male population over 50.

-          You are funny, anybody told you to write a humor book?
-          No, usually it is called sarcasm and is taken defensively.
-          Then you've missed on a career of a comedian.

-          We are so alike! I am an optimist too!
-          No, I am a realist. I just refuse to die yet.

-          You are great with people’s skills.
-          Imagine I was shoved in the lab for 20 years with no human connection!
-          How come? What about other scientists?
-          Scientists are not human.

-          Yikes, that part hurts.
-          You want me to help with your pain or professionally apply lotion all over?
-          Can we do a little bit of both?



2 comments: