If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Emotionally free.

Today my vacation pay-out came through, so the break from UT is final and clear. Huge exhale. There are a lot of words of choice I could say, but why bother? Like a horrific accident that people shove away into the furthest parts of the brain, it is over and forgotten. In fact, I only think about it when asked how it feels to not be there - and I, myself, am amazed how awesome and easy the transformation had happened, and how I did completely forget I spent 5 years in my last lab. One thing I will say though: if you are a boss of others, even just one person, think how you treat them. It's not the job that people dislike, it's the way they are appreciated or not. One word is all it takes to help folks soar or get broken. Last 8 months drove me into a clinical depression and magnified my already existing medical condition. But I am one patient, focused and goal-oriented human being. I haven't been broken yet, and I didn't let it happen now. If anything, I am more than ever determined to rise to the highest of my potential.

Reading a book "Emotionally Free" didn't shed a huge amount of light as I had been working on myself for over a decade (as well as "Your Money Life"), but these two last books had been given to me by my massage clients. My dear massage clients, just as my dear coaching ones, become my friends, or for sure people whom I share with some soul searching. May be because I truly believe that without being emotionally involved, one can't really help another on any level. And "help others" is what I wish the most for in my life...

A huge quote (two paragraphs, to be exact) has made the most sense, rang the loudest bells, for me, and I wanted to have them stay with me.

Emotional freedom is being able to do what you want when you want to do it. With emotional freedom comes emotional responsibility. 

You are the sum total of everything that has ever happened to you. It has taken everything good and bad you've experienced to bring you to this point. An important part of attaining emotional freedom comes from accepting responsibility for everything in your life. If this seems too severe, it is also liberating. It is true that many things that happened to you were not your fault, but in each case you chose to react in your own way. 

Accepting responsibility for your reactions to events diminishes the blame you can place on others but also empowers you to change and move on. After all, in the words of Swahili saying, it is not what others call you that matters but what name you respond to that determines who you are.

The secret of life is that there is no secret of life. It's all hard work. Yet you still have to find the right works and be free to choose direction that is best for you.

The purpose of life is to discover and develop your gift.

The meaning of life comes from sharing your gift with others.

David Viscott.

I found my gifts. Now I can share them fully and without holding back.
p.s. Larry, we are a great team. Thank you for helping me spread my wings and keep them wide and flying.


1 comment:

ultrarunnergirl said...

So happy for you and can't wait to see how your next chapter unfolds.