If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Where the part of the heart was left...

The weekend was all and more I ever could wish for. Every friend made me feel so very special, so loved, so warm...despite the not-so-warm temperatures by my new Texan standards. The part of the trip that caused the trip was wonderful and will be in my soul forever. Every minute was so full of something meaningful and touching, and just simply full, I was tired yet couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Of course, there were Gorge runs, both days. Saturday one just leisure outing to Multnomah Falls/Larch Mt./Whakeena Falls for a 16 miles exploration of the rain, snow and a bit of sun at the end, with Gail and Mike, just the way it was before, and meeting a couple more locals on trails. Sunday had 17 miles at Herman creek area with a date with Ronda and Micheal for PCT hill repeats (ok, they did 3 of those, Mike and I did only one on PCT, then ventured to Nick Eaton crazy climb and pushed it too). Apparently, my fitness proved to be pretty darn good, especially considering I haven't done anything remotely like this for a year. I forgot just how long 3M uphill at LT is! My eyes were close to pop out by mid-point, but I made it all the way, and only a mere 30 seconds off my best time ever. Bombing downhill wasn't as successful, almost 2 minutes off, but I felt relaxed and easy, and that was still pretty good time, very usual for me there. Hard hiking Nick Eaton with much more steepness gave time of 2 minutes over best - and I have to admit, this was by far fastest in a couple of years anyway. All in all, I was pleased. Seeing Ronda was great, too bad we never trained together, I could have learnt a lot from this girl in "push it" style. But even more so I was pleased to just be there, in my Cathedral, the best place in Universe...and being with my bestest friends, people who I don't need to explain much, who accept me as is, who can finish my sentence, and who I can be silent with just as comfortable as saying anything that comes to mind. I love you all, and a huge piece of my heart will forever be with you, in this magical place...one day I'll have the best of all worlds, and that is worth dreaming of.
As usual, when it comes to Gorge, I hardly can pick which shots to post, thus I put a few. Commentary are not necessary...











9 comments:

Lisa Eirene said...

There are about 5 or 6 really fantastic hikes around Multnomah Falls. They are less crowded and more scenic (in my opinion). Someday I want to attempt running up Multnomah Falls. :)

Anonymous said...

True friends are a rare gift. Glad your weekend was all you hoped.

TonyP said...

Olga, I always love the pictures you take!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in your beautiful gorge. I knew you would. :) Now that the little guy is older and doing his own thing I need to get out there more often.

Hope to see you at P2P!

Julie B said...

What a wonderful time back home :) I 'm glad you were able to take it all in and enjoy it so thoroughly.

Dmitri said...

Wow! The pictures from the run are insanely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Bret said...

Love that hair!! Sorry we missed but understood your schedule. Glad you had a blast. cya next time.

Thomas Bussiere said...

Spending time with friends and doing what you love to do - Priceless.

Lisa B said...

Friends make the world go round! Very nice post. Love love love that last picture! Hugs.