If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh, crap...

I just got in to MMT100...was #1 on wait list as of this morning, after yesterday's last day when they refunded entry fees to those who cancelled, and thought that was it, no chance...and somebody dropped. I started as #62 on the wait list. You've gotta believe and be patient?

Shit, shit, shit...what do I do now?

For one, I will give Larry a run for his money and have him work, as he will have to move his tush to stay ahead. Will provide some motivation - nothing like a little family-friendly competition, right? Nah, just kidding...but it will provide me with motivation to try and catch him!

And - I am going to Portland this weekend! I've got business to deal with, but I will run the Gorge both mornings, and this couldn't have been more timely as last training runs!

I am psyched and scared, because I was calmly focusing on trying to wrap my mind around breaking 24 at SD100. Now things changed. So did goals. I will have to think about them:)

11 comments:

Steve Ansell said...

Hey! I actually will get to see you in a race this year! I doubt I'll be keeping up with either of you guys given all the running you've been doing, but it will be great to see some familiar faces at my first east coast race.

-Steve

LK said...

Running scared for 100 miles doesn't sound like a good time, especially on that course. It should be entertaining, though, for those watching the live results. Sucks I'm trying to recover from Zane Grey. Don't take any naps! ;)

Sarah said...

That's great! There's nothing like a change in plans to get the adrenaline pumping. :)

Enjoy running in your sanctuary! :)

amy said...

I saw that you had moved up to #1 on the wait list. Congrats! MMT is a great run and you will love it!

amy said...

Oh yeah, and crosslites might not be the best shoe choice....there are a few rocks on the course.

Danni said...

OMG I've heard all about MMT100. But you are tough and will do great!!!

meredith said...

careful what you wish for :) :) Congrats on getting in!! Remember, NO Montrail insoles for you!!

How much fun for you both to be out on the course together!

RunSueRun said...

oooooh, one of my favorite 100 mile courses-- you will love it! and you got a great training run in a couple of weekends ago...

you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Chica-still coming to SD 100? You can do both and excel....georgie..

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you!!

Helen said...

No better person to take on the challenge at short notice!

And Congrats on L Divide - loved the race report - you are having an awesome year!