My latest training included hiking neighborhood streets with a backpack and cause some stares.
And having good friends Henry and Janice for dinner.
- cross-train for 2-3 additional hours a week with either cycling or other cardio equipment at the gym and weight training/plyometrics
- are an experienced runner who had completed a 100M race before
- they train the body to become efficient at burning fat, its optimal fuel source
- you become more efficient in amassing muscle glycogen, the major form of stored carbohydrates in the body
- you increase the size and number of muscle capillaries and mitochondria, the blood vessels and cellular factories that facilitate aerobic energy
- you learn to keep going when fatigued