If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blue Bear Knitting goes public.

It's official: Blue Bear Knitting has its own label. Exciting times! My husband Larry and I had come up with the name a while ago, merging Bear as a very Russian symbol, which also used to be one of my trail names, along with my favorite color Blue - and he designed the logo and the wording for the label. 
Thanks go out to David Hanenburg and Sam Voltaggio for my first big order(s) for their races (Endurance Buzz Adventures and Run like a wind, both on December 7th, go and sign up, still open!), and to all my friends and family who enjoyed their beanies as I sent them out testing my waters during last year! 

Check out my homepage - the price is half of what REI offers (for either machine or hand knitting) and the quality is better (I don't usually toot my own horn, but after going to the store have to say Larry was right). Now that the "big push" is done, I am taking orders - get your Christmas gifts done for the loved ones. Please contact ahead of time (email or via contact form on the link above). Shipping first class runs around $2.50, I accept PayPal and checks/cash (for locals).

I customize the hats for you, discuss pattern and colors - so, the order is done after contact, FYI. You choose color scheme and design, I approve (and adjust if needed) - and off we go. Please make sure to give me some time (depending on how many orders are placed at the time, I ask for 1 week in general).

If bulk orders (races, running or other clubs, family reunions) - please give a month notice to put everything together at good quality. 

Ski hats, scarves, arm sleeves and half-mitts can also be made per request.

 

2 comments:

Carilyn said...

Love it, love it, love it, Olga! So proud of you - and everything looks great! You go, girl!

Julie said...

Love your hats, Olga! And love the new Blue Bear logo.