If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Reader's digest

Well, I am guessing I should bring apology for using fool language in the last post, but I wrote it the "mroning after", so yes, the feelings were raw. I truly didn't have more words during the mayham than those I used, however, this is also quite normal for me in any race. Read at your own risk.
I am limping on my left leg. No science, something is hurting. I tried to participate in a track workout on Tuesday, but after 3rd 800m bailed out. For once I did a smart thing - and only because there was a guy who was injured and jogged around. So we jogged together. I'll get that massage tonight and take it from there.
Alex passed his drug test. We were supposed to have it done randomly every month, but I think we were (I was) scared, then I finally bought it and couldn't bring myself to do it. But all is good when it ends up good. He was clean. Forever it will be our point of frightening.
Stephen won his second boxing competition in Warm Springs, OR. Boys had fun traveling, but the town (Indian village) is a sad site of poor people, very sad one.
As always, after a race, when body rids of endorhine, depression comes. It's been described. Why it's all happening, why it's needed, if needed at all? What is that I want in general? I don't know. I mean, all the regular things everybody wants - health for family members, kids to grow up good people, little love at home, good friends, a roof and food under it. Something's missing. My good friend from Russia just found me - after years passed of our high school graduation. It is bitter sweet. I want to go home - back home - and have nothing of what I have now. I want to crawl into a cave and not talk to anyone, not see anyone, not be responsible for anyone. I want to drop it all, get in a car and drive where my eyes will lead me, stop when I want to, and then drive again.
But as Gail says, this, too, shall pass.

No comments: