If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you are lucky enough.

When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Victorious Moscow

There are a lot of pictures in this link as I didn't bother to filter or choose to post here as photos, so only a few will get through - and that's ok. I also decided against writing a long blurb about a lot of things I got to think about, as even fewer would get it - and that's ok too. The one thing I will say though, when you are, in light of these days and age, trying to form an opinion about Russia and all Russian, give a chance of thinking about it through the lenses of knowing me. You know, sort of "I like Olga a little (I hope so since you're here, reading a private blog), so would she do/say/whatever?". And if you do have questions and want to know more - have a coffee with me and a long talk...But if you don't, that's ok too.

The weather never got above 50F, and there was even snow once - which is greatly unusual (so don't tell anyone it's always cold there), but I didn't mind one bit. I was blessed with plenty of sunshine to do family stuff and play a tourist too, and I am thankful from the bottom of my heart. I love my home, and every year I love it more, even if don't love the changes or everything in general. I am grateful I got to not only visit my mom and sister and help with as little as I could, but be there on my nation's most important holiday, one that unites us like no other (and as no other country know of). Because every - each and every - family in Big Russia (and that includes the republics left since) has a personal loss and a personal story - and we carry it, still, to our great-grandchildren as it's not a page from a history book. I am a part of it, forever. And yes, we, as every nation, have things to not be proud of, but "the one to cast a stone"...


So here I am, trying to make a short post. As we say, Russians don't do small talk.


I am taking vacation from FB, again. There are more important things in life.

Here is a link to Moscow trip pictures.

No comments: